- protect electrical equipment against direct lightning strikes (tested and rated according to standardised of 10/350μs current wave)
- specified by IEC/EN 62305-2 in commercial and industrial buildings protected by a lightning conductor or a meshed cage,
- Impulse current, Iimp
25 kA for PRD1 25r and PRD1 Master, 35 kA for PRF1 Master : suitable for buildings with protection levels I and II
- must be associated with a suitable disconnection device, fuse or circuit_breaker : see coordination table
- iPRF1 12.5r and PRD1 25r are also type 2 rated (8/20 µs) and protect the electrical equipment by finely clipping the voltage surge
- suitable for 230/400V 50/60Hz networks, with earthing system TT, TN-S, TN-C. PRF1 Master suitable for 440V IT system-earthed also.